Lemon Pie Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) pie crust premade
- ◦ 1 9-inch deep dish pie crusts, I use Marie Callender's frozen. No need to defrost. No need to prebake
- ◦ 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ◦ 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ◦ 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ◦ 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ◦ 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, (I usually add more)
- ◦ 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (please use fresh)
- ◦ 3 eggs, separated
- ◦ 1 1/4 cups milk, I use 2%
- 1. Put rack on lowest position in oven.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375.
- 3. In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and sugar.
- 4. Stir in flour, salt, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with milk until well blended, stir into lemon mixture.
- 6. In another medium sized bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they hold distinct but moist peaks. Gently fold egg whites into lemon mixture. (Don't mix it too much.).
- 7. Pour filling into pie crust.
- 8. I always end up with more filling than will fit in the pie crust so I put it in a couple ceramic ramekins and cook it along with the pie.
- 9. Bake on the lowest rack of the oven until the top is browned and the center jiggles only slightly when pan is gently shaken (45-55 minutes). If the crust begins to brown excessively, drape it with foil.
- Let cool before serving. But it's good warm too
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Pdriesell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note