- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons commercial sour cream
- 2 baked 8-inch pastry shells
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
How to Make It
Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large, heavy saucepan; mix well. Add butter, lemon rind, juice, and egg yolks; stir well. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; chill 1 hour.
Fold in sour cream, and pour filling into pastry shells. Chill 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.