- 1 (1 1/4-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 245
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 56 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 230 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle steak with rind and pepper, pressing to adhere.
Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
Combine juice, oil, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Drizzle steak with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with salt.
Heat tortillas on grill pan coated with cooking spray 20 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Divide steak among tortillas. Sprinkle each taco with about 1 teaspoon cheese.