Easy and filling. Not super exciting, but a good solid dish
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
Indulge in the flavor of the Mediterranean with plump shrimp tossed with lemon and pepper. Serve with sautéed asparagus for a fine accompaniment.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 276mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 549mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and keep warm.
- 2. While orzo cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add half of shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan. Add remaining shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer to plate.
- 3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, juice, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light March, 2009 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note