Lemon-Pecan Shortbread Cookies
From Better Homes & Gardens
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) pecans or walnuts finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon peel finely shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- extra sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine flour, nuts, the 3 tablespoons sugar, and the lemon peel. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling together (dough will still be crumbly). Knead until smooth; form into a ball.
- 2. On lightly floured surface roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using 1-1/2-inch or 3-inch cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes. (Or, roll into 1-inch balls.) Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes for small cookies or 20 to 22 minutes for large cookies or until bottoms start to brown and centers are set. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
- Variation: For stamped cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets; set aside. Prepare dough as directed in Step 1. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and stamp with cookie stamps. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bottoms start to brown and centers are set. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
- Makes about 20 (1-11/2-inch ) cookies or 5 (3-inch ) cookies
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note