You can freeze this simple dough up to two months.
Yield: Makes 7 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rinds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice, beating unil blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, pecans, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions; roll each portion on wax paper to a 12-inch log. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Cut each log into 1/2 inch slices (about 28 slices), and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container, or freeze, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts