Lemon Pecan Cake
Yield: one 10-inch cake
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 pound pecans, chopped
- Cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Stir in lemon extract and pecans.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 10- inch tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings