- 3 large pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Unsweetened whipped cream
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients; place in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Combine flour, brown sugar, and lemon rind; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly, and sprinkle evenly over pear mixture.
Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.