Adapted from Gwyneth Paltrow's "My Father's Daughter."
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) spaghetti (or fettucine)
- 1 whole(s) lemon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) finely grated parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3-5 tablespoon(s) pasta water
- 1 bunch(es) basil
- 1. Boil the spaghetti in salted boiling water, according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, using a microplane grater (if you have one, otherwise use a box grater), grate the zest from the lemon into a large mixing bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl (GP suggests using the grater as a strainer to ensure the seeds don't get into the bowl). Add the 1 1/2 cups parmesan, pepper, pinch of kosher salt and mix in the olive oil to form a wet paste.
- 3. When the spaghetti is cooked, reserve some of the cooking water and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of it to the lemon mixture. Add the spaghetti to the bowl and toss to combine, adding another tablespoon or two of pasta water if needed. Roughly tear in a bunch of basil leaves to taste.
- 4. Serve each portion with a sprinkle of kosher salt, a touch of pepper and a few gratings of parmesan cheese
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes