Lemon Pancakes with Strawberry Butter
- 3 large eggs, separated*
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Strawberry Butter
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks, ricotta cheese, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges looked cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve with Strawberry Butter; garnish, if desired.
- *3/4 cup egg substitute may be substituted for 3 eggs. Whisk together egg substitute, cream of tartar, and next 6 ingredients. Cook as directed
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads