Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes
Perfect to bring to a barbeque or potluck because its great at room temperature. Pair it with grilled chicken or salon or shrimp.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) Orzo
- 1 bunch(es) Fresh Asparagras Cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pint(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 whole(s) lemon zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 fresh parsley minced
- To one pot, add asparagus and blanch
- To second pot, add orzo and cook per package instructions. When tender, drain and place in a large bowl. Add blanched asparagus and tomato halves.
- Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir into orzo and vegetables.
- Stir in parsley.
- This can be served war, room temperature or cold.
- Note: if you want to add cheese, add shredded Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Source: A Big Mouthful
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kim Wendland and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note