Greek pasta is tossed with a warm, buttery blend of lemon and Parmesan.
Yield: about 7 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Stir in orzo; cook, uncovered, 9 to 11 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain.
- Melt butter in same pan over medium heat. Add hot cooked orzo, lemon rind, and next 3 ingredients. Stir gently just until cheese melts. Serve hot. Garnish, if desired.
- Fix it Faster: Use refrigerated shredded Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note