One of my favorite go-to grilled chicken recipes. Quick, easy, and uses ingredients I usually have on hand.
Lemon and Oregano-Rubbed Chicken Paillards
Chicken breasts are pounded thin with a meat mallet or rolling pin to create paillards; the increased surface allows you to use even more of the flavorful rub.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare grill.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients (through minced garlic); rub evenly over both sides of chicken. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove from heat. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge evenly over each chicken breast half. Sprinkle parsley evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes