One of my favorite go-to grilled chicken recipes. Quick, easy, and uses ingredients I usually have on hand.
Lemon and Oregano-Rubbed Chicken Paillards
Howard L. Puckett; Melanie J. Clarke
Chicken breasts are pounded thin with a meat mallet or rolling pin to create paillards; the increased surface allows you to use even more of the flavorful rub.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare grill.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients (through minced garlic); rub evenly over both sides of chicken. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove from heat. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge evenly over each chicken breast half. Sprinkle parsley evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note