I thought these were delish! Make with orzo with Garlicky spinach on the side. Great meal!
Lemon-Oregano Lamb Chops
Thirty minutes and five ingredients are all you need to get this fresh-flavored lamb dish on the dinner table. Nestle an oregano sprig under each serving for a lively garnish. A side of orzo pilaf rounds out the menu.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add lamb to bag, turning to coat. Seal and marinate at room temperature 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle lamb evenly with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add lamb to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Orzo pilaf: Combine 2 cups cooked orzo, 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes