Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 (16-oz.) package hot roll mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened and divided
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1. Prepare roll mix according to package directions. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll 1 portion of dough into a 12- x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with 2 Tbsp. butter.
- 2. Stir together granulated sugar and next 2 ingredients; sprinkle half of sugar mixture over butter on dough rectangle. Roll up rectangle, jelly-roll fashion, starting at 1 long side. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, butter, and sugar mixture.
- 3. Cut each roll into 1/2-inch slices, and place slices in cups of 4 lightly greased 12-cup miniature muffin pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 20 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake rolls 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool 5 minutes.
- 5. Stir together powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over tops of rolls.
- Note: We tested with Pillsbury Specialty Mix Hot Roll Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads