More From Southern Living
Rise: 20 Minutes
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened and divided
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Prepare hot roll dough according to package directions.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll 1 portion of dough into a 12- x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir together granulated sugar and grated rinds; sprinkle half of sugar mixture evenly over butter on rectangle. Roll up rectangle, jelly-roll fashion, starting at a long edge. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough, 2 tablespoons butter, and remaining half of sugar mixture.
- Cut each roll into 1/2-inch-thick slices, and place in lightly greased miniature muffin pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and place on wire racks.
- Stir together powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth; spoon evenly over tops of rolls.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix. Look for it in the cake mix section of your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note