This was a great, easy, healthy, week-night meal. Everyone at our house loved it!
Lemon-Olive Grilled Chicken
More From Health
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Coat grill with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Combine 1 teaspoon lemon rind with mustard; brush over chicken.
- 3. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous. Remove from heat; cover, let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon rind, olives, and remaining ingredients. Stir couscous into olive mixture. Spoon onto 4 plates; top with chicken.
- Wine note: With its rustic spiciness and zingy acidity, no other grape goes better with olives than sangiovese, the grape in Italian Chianti. So look for a good Chianti such as Da Vinci (around $16).
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This