Lemon Nutmeg Meltaway Cookies
Delicious little bites. Using a Rycraft ceramic cookie press makes a pretty design on top. (Original recipe from 1976 Family Circle magazine increased by 50%.)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon peel, grated
- Sift together flour, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Beat butter, sugar and lemon rind in a medium-size bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add to butter mixture. Beat on low speed, scraping bowl, until mixture is smooth (will be crumbly).
- Form dough into small balls (3/4 to 1 inch). Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly to 1-1/2" circles with bottom of glass dipped in powdered sugar (approx 1/4" thick). Or use Rycraft cookie press.
- Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until very pale golden-brown around the edges. Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Pack into airtight containers and store up to 1 week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Nutmeg Meltaway Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies