Lemon 'n' Spice Apple Pie
Yield: 8 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 47.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, chilled
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Lemon-Vanilla Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Lemon-Vanilla Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, chilled
- 3 cups peeled, sliced Golden Delicious apple
- 3 cups peeled, sliced Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup frozen lite or reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and lemon rind in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine 3 tablespoons water and lemon juice; add to flour mixture. Toss with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap, and chill 15 minutes.
- Roll dough, still covered, into an 11-inch circle. Place dough in freezer for 5 minutes or until plastic wrap can easily be removed. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap. Invert and fit dough into a 9-inch pieplate. Remove remaining sheet of plastic wrap. Fold edges of dough under, and flute. (Do not prick.) Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Combine 1/4 cup Lemon-Vanilla Sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/3 cup Lemon-Vanilla Sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and mace in a small bowl. Cut 3 tablespoons margarine into spice mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal; set spice topping aside.
- Combine apple slices and 2 tablespoons water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes or until apple is tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring frequently. Cool mixture slightly.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared pastry shell. Sprinkle with spice topping. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until topping is golden. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries