In one word this tart is AMAZING - full of flavor, super smooth, extremely rich and extremely enjoyable all in one bite! I would make this again, but would definitely allocate more time to making it. It would be best if you could make the lemon curd one day and put the rest of the tart together the next day. I didn't calculate the time to boil, chill, freeze everything, so it was a bit of a rush at the end. Nevertheless, highly recommended if you want to show up and look like the Belle of the Ball!
Lemon Mousse Tart
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 20 Minutes
Bake: 15 Minutes
Cool: 20 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 (4-oz.) white chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Lemon Curd
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Garnishes: lemon curls, fresh raspberries
- 1. Fit piecrust into a lightly greased 9 1/2-inch tart pan; press into fluted edges. Fold any excess dough over outside of pan, and pinch to secure to pan. (This will keep piecrust from sliding down pan as it bakes.) Generously prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork, and freeze 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Place piecrust on a baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes or until completely cool. Gently tap excess crust from sides of pan, using a rolling pin.
- 3. Microwave white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- 4. Beat softened cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, and beat until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Add Lemon Curd, and beat until blended.
- 5. Beat heavy cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared crust, mounding mixture in center of tart. (Mixture will be about 2 inches higher than top edge of crust.) Chill 4 hours. Garnish with lemon curls and fresh raspberries, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts