More From Southern Living
Stand: 1 Hour
Freeze: 8 Hours
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 qt. water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate*
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1. Bring fresh mint leaves and 1 qt. water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil 7 to 8 minutes or until leaves darken; stir in 3/4 cup sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup lemonade concentrate, and let mixture stand 30 minutes.
- 2. Pour lemonade mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; discard mint leaves. Seal and freeze 8 hours or until mixture is firm. Remove lemonade mixture from freezer; let stand 30 minutes or until slushy, turning bag occasionally. Serve with fresh raspberries, if desired.
- *Limeade concentrate may be substituted for lemonade concentrate.
- Lemon-Basil Ice: Substitute 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves for fresh mint leaves, and proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note