This recipe is easy, affordable and everything was in my pantry. It tastes like it came from a bakery. You won't be disappointed.
Lemon Meringue Pie
Sweet waves of meringue cover a tart lemon pie filling. One online reviwer claims, "This recipe is so easy and turns out a perfect pie. My pies looked just like the photograph! I took two to a family gathering and they recieved rave reviews for looks and taste! I would highly recommend this recipe."
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 58.2g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Calcium: 9mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust dough
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges; flute. Pierce bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Place crust in freezer 10 minutes. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Reduce temperature to 325°.
- To prepare filling, combine 1 1/4 cups sugar and cornstarch in a medium nonaluminum saucepan. Stir in water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until thick and bubbly (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot cornstarch mixture into egg yolk, stirring constantly with a whisk; add to remaining cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Cook until thick and bubbly (about 1 minute), stirring constantly. Stir in butter and lemon rind. Pour mixture into prepared crust; cover surface with plastic wrap.
- To prepare meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. (Do not overbeat.)
- Remove plastic wrap from filling; spread meringue evenly over filling, sealing to edge of crust. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes; cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note