Lemon Meringue Ice Cream
Lemon Meringue Ice Cream delivers bright citrusy flavor thanks to lemon curd, zest and juice in this homemade frozen treat.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 crushed meringue cookies
- 1. Process first 6 ingredients in a blender 30 seconds or until very smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.)
- 3. Whisk together lemon curd, sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Swirl lemon mixture and crushed meringue cookies into prepared ice cream. Freeze 1 hour before serving. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 week.
- *Vanilla extract may be substituted.
- THE COOKIE: Gingersnaps, soft-baked from your bakery, for towering ice-cream cookie sandwiches. Wrap the finished treats individually (and tightly) in plastic wrap, and keep on hand in the freezer for parties or snacks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note