Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- IngredientsSavings in cincinnati, OH 45224 Change Zip
- •1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- •1-1/3 cups water
- •1/3 cup canola oil
- •3 eggs
- •1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- •1 cup lemon creme pie filling
- •MERINGUE:•3 egg whites
- •1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and lemon peel; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- •Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- •Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill with pie filling. Push the tip into the top of each cupcake to fill.
- •In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Pipe over tops of cupcakes.
- •Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
- Nutritional Facts
- 1 cupcake equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
- Originally published as Lemon Meringue Cupcakes in Country Woman April/May 2012
- Sweet White Wine
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings