Made with oranges rather than lemons and the cookies were wonderful. Can't wait yo try the recipe with limes. So easy to make also. Definitely a keeper!
You'll use just a tad less than two sticks of butter to make these delicate little gems.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Parchment paper
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in zest and juice. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Drop dough by level spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, using a 1-inch cookie scoop.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- 4. Toss together warm cookies and remaining 1 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note