I will definitely have to double the recipe next time. These went to fast at my house! I also liked making these with my daughter. She always snitched little pieces of dough when I'm not looking so I like how with these, I didn't have to work about raw egg consumption!
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Parchment paper
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in zest and juice. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Drop dough by level spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, using a 1-inch cookie scoop.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- 4. Toss together warm cookies and remaining 1 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note