Made these for a birthday party and they were delicious! So pretty and relatively easy to make. Definitely adding this to my recipe file
Lemon-Mascarpone Icebox Tarts
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Prop Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 2 2/3 cups butter cookie crumbs (about 1 1/2 [7.5-oz.] packages butter cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- Toppings: fresh berries, sliced peaches or plums, fresh mint or thyme sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 4 ingredients; firmly press crumb mixture on bottom and up sides of 6 (3 3/4-inch) round tart pans with removable bottoms (about 6 Tbsp. per pan). Place tart pans on a baking sheet, and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack completely (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and next 3 ingredients until well blended; whisk in mascarpone cheese just until blended. Spoon mixture into prepared tart shells.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until almost set. (The centers will not be firm but will set up as they chill.) Cool completely on wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours. Arrange berries and fruit decoratively over tarts just before serving.
- Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts