We limited the marinating time to 2 hours because lemon juice tends to discolor and toughen asparagus.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- Garnish: lemon rind strips
- Whisk together lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add artichoke quarters and diced pimiento, and gently toss. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cook in boiling salted water to cover 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain asparagus, and plunge into ice water to stop cooking process. Place cooked asparagus in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and store overnight in refrigerator, if desired.
- Add asparagus to artichoke mixture, and gently toss. Cover and chill 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Marinated Asparagus Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables