I made this cake for a dinner with friends, and it was delicious. It was moist, and soft and had just the right ammount of lemon and sugar. I made a few changes though. -I used 2 c sugar instead of 2 1/2 -I put 3 tbsp lemon juice into the cake batter Everyone was in love with the cake. I will definitely make it again.
Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 595
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 86g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks (3/4 lb.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Make cake: In a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and lemon and lime zest until pale and light, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add flour mixture, just until blended. Stir in soda.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack before inverting onto a plate.
- Make glaze: Stir together confectioners' sugar, butter and juices; add more juice or sugar if needed. Spoon glaze over cake, distributing evenly. Garnish with lemon and lime zest, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts