- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks (3/4 lb.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- calories 595
- fat 26 g
- satfat 16 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 86 g
- fiber 0 g
- cholesterol 155 mg
- sodium 224 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
Make cake: In a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and lemon and lime zest until pale and light, about 5 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add flour mixture, just until blended. Stir in soda.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack before inverting onto a plate.
Make glaze: Stir together confectioners' sugar, butter and juices; add more juice or sugar if needed. Spoon glaze over cake, distributing evenly. Garnish with lemon and lime zest, if desired.