Lemon Ice-Cream-Strawberry Shortcake
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
Other: 40 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) container fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (14-oz.) containers HÄAGEN-DAZS FIVE Lemon All Natural Ice Cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, process flour and next 6 ingredients in a food processor 20 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse sand. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- 3. Whisk together egg and cream; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened and a dough forms.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness using floured hands; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place, side by side, on a lightly greased or parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. (Dough rounds should touch.)
- 5. Bake at 425° for 18 to 23 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Brush tops with melted butter, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. sugar.
- 6. Serve shortcakes with ice cream and strawberry mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts