I am always searching for vegetarian, non-mayonnaise versions of potato salad. This was a big hit. My husband said it was the best potato salad he'd had in years. Lemon zest is your secret weapon! This will become a go-to recipe. I forgot the arugula, but it came out great. I imagine you can play with the herbs you put in for different effects or if you don't want to run to the store but have most of the ingredients. I look forward to making this often this summer.
Lemon-Herb Potato Salad
Lemon-Herb Potato Salad isn't your mother's potato salad. Made with peppery arugula, kalamata olives, fresh herbs, and lemon, this potato salad will stand out among the other side dishes at your next gathering.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 101mg
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped arugula
- 2 tablespoons sliced kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1. Place a saucepan filled two-thirds with water over high heat. Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Add potatoes to pan; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Whisk together olive oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, Dijon, and pepper in a bowl. Stir in arugula, kalamata olives, parsley, basil, and chives. Add drained potatoes; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note