I just found this recipe on line and had to make it! WOW! Excellent marinade. I used a combo of fresh thyme, parsley and basil as this is what I have on the deck. The chicken was moist and the onions were delish! Will make again. I had a bit of leftover chicken and it made a great sandwich for lunch.
Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and Onions
Any combination of fresh herbs can be used in the marinade, including basil, parsley, or thyme. Round out this all-in-one meal with the Frozen Mud Pie Sandwiches.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1 ear of corn, and 2 onion slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 333mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 4 (6-ounce) skinned chicken breast halves
- 4 ears corn with husks (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Arrange onion slices in a single layer in a shallow dish. Add chicken breast halves; pour herb mixture over onion and chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Pull husks back from corn (do not remove). Remove silks. Pull husks back over corn, and tie top with heavy string; set aside.
- Prepare grill. Remove onion slices and chicken from dish, reserving marinade. Place chicken breast halves, bone sides up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 50 minutes or until chicken is done, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 10 minutes. Moisten corn with water; grill 10 minutes or until tender, turning corn after 5 minutes. Grill onion slices 6 minutes or until tender, turning and basting with reserved marinade after 3 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes