Nice and refreshing. Mine didn't have the nice yellow color as in the photo but still pleasing to the eye. Add sugar to taste. Packed it in my husband's thermos as he works outdoors all day and it's got great antioxidants. Fragrant,too!
Lemon Grass and Ginger Iced Tea
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 thin slices fresh ginger
- 5 bags green tea
- 1. Rinse lemon grass, cut into 2-inch lengths, and crush with the flat side of a large knife.
- 2. In a 2-quart pan, bring 5 cups water, sugar, ginger, and lemon grass to a boil. Take off heat and add green tea bags; let steep about 4 minutes or until flavor is as strong as you like. Discard tea bags; let tea cool, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Pour through a fine strainer into a pitcher. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours (see Notes). Pour into tall glasses filled with ice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages