Lemon Grass-Coconut Sorbet
Notes: If you do not have an ice-cream maker, pour lemon grass mixture (after step 3) into a 9- by 13-inch dish and freeze just until firm, 2 to 4 hours. Scrape with a large fork to form a slushy ice; serve at once.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 104mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 10 stalks fresh lemon grass (about 12 oz.), rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut milk (stir before measuring)
- 1. Peel toughest outer layers from lemon grass; discard. Cut into 1/2-inch lengths. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, combine lemon grass, sugar, salt, and 2 1/2 cups water. Stir until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until light golden, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Pour through a fine strainer into a bowl, pressing on solids; discard solids. Nest bowl in a larger bowl of ice water and stir syrup until cool, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- 3. Whisk in coconut milk. If mixture is lumpy, pour through a fine strainer.
- 4. Pour into an ice-cream maker (at least 1 qt.) and freeze. Scoop into bowls or, for a firmer consistency, freeze airtight up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts