Lemon-Graham Icebox Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Lemon-Graham Icebox Cake
- Serves 8
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 12 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, whisk together yolks, 1/2 cup sugar,
- cornstarch, lemon zest and salt. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture
- thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Cover with
- plastic (pressing directly onto surface of custard to prevent a skin
- from forming) and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Line bottom of an 8-inch baking dish with 6 graham crackers
- (break into pieces to fill space, if necessary). Spoon 1/2 of pudding
- over graham crackers, spreading into an even layer. Repeat with
- remaining 6 graham crackers and rest of pudding. Cover; refrigerate
- for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, whip cream with remaining 1 tsp. sugar
- until it holds stiff peaks. Spread whipped cream in a thin layer over
- top of cake. Cut into squares and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Graham Icebox Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings