Lemon-Glazed Sugar Cookies
These delicate lemon cookies are perfect for a bridal luncheon, afternoon snack, or after-dinner treat.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pastel-colored sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat first 5 ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and milk to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Shape dough into 21 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar, water, and lemon juice. Spoon glaze in center of each cookie; sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note