Lemon-Glazed Chess Bars
Yield: about 2 dozen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small mixing bowl; add melted butter, mixing well. Press mixture evenly into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, chopped pecans, and eggs in a medium mixing bowl, beating until well blended. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; stir well. Spread over cake. Cut into 3- x 1 1/2-inch bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts