It's extremely important to use the exact thickness and weight of steak called for in this recipe. I've only made this once and the sirloin steak that I bought wasn't quite as thick or heavy as the recipe requires. Thus, I had to flip the steak over halfway through the broiling process and only had to bake for 10 min. Even with those alterations I still had a steak that was well done.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 5 Hours
Broil: 15 Minutes
Bake: 35 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (1 1/4-inch-thick) boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 2 to 2 1/2 lb.)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Trim steak, if necessary. Combine garlic and next 4 ingredients; rub over steak. Place steak in a large, shallow dish or 2-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill at least 5 hours or up to 8 hours.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Place steak in a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 375°, and bake 30 to 35 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note