I made this last night and did not care for it. My husband said that it was good, but he didn't rave like he usually does if he really likes something. I think that salt and at least a little fat needed to be added--like olive oil. We love grilled shrimp, but not this recipe so much.
Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Kebabs
A quick 20-minute marinade adds bold flavor to the shrimp before they cook on the grill. Serve with a favorite beer or a tall glass of iced tea.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 kebab)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 201mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 48 large unpeeled shrimp (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons bottled minced garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Combine lemon juice, wine, garlic, steak sauce, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal, and shake to blend. Add shrimp; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning bag once.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove shrimp from bag, discarding marinade. Thread 8 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Note: Substitute 1/3 cup water and 2 tablespoons vinegar for wine, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This