- 48 large unpeeled shrimp (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons bottled minced garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 135
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 2.1 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 23.3 g
- carbohydrate 3.7 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 201 mg
- calcium 67 mg
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Combine lemon juice, wine, garlic, steak sauce, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal, and shake to blend. Add shrimp; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning bag once.
Remove shrimp from bag, discarding marinade. Thread 8 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
Note: Substitute 1/3 cup water and 2 tablespoons vinegar for wine, if desired.