Lemon-Garlic Roast Chicken With Sautéed Green Beans
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole green beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together first 7 ingredients. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers and gently pushing between skin and meat. (Do not completely detach skin.) Rub half of butter mixture evenly under skin.
- Tie ends of legs together with string; tuck wing tips under. Spread remaining half of butter mixture over chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a lightly greased rack in a lightly greased shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 450° for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°, and bake 45 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180°. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Remove chicken to a serving platter, reserving drippings in pan. Cover chicken with foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Bring pan juices to a boil in a large skillet; add green beans, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or to desired degree of tenderness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note