- 1 1/2 pounds fresh haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnishes: lemon zest, fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Cook beans with 1 tsp. salt in boiling water to cover 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Cook garlic and shallots in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until just golden brown; remove from heat. Stir in basil, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Add green beans, and toss to coat. Garnish, if desired.