Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Blond BBQ Sauce
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 drumstick, 1 thigh, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 1222mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 4 chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound), skinned
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 pound), skinned
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Trim excess fat from chicken.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, and garlic powder in a large bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons. Set aside. Add chicken to lemon juice mixture in large bowl, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Combine reserved 2 tablespoons lemon juice mixture, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, chili powder, and paprika. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Remove chicken from bowl. Discard marinade. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is done. Serve with sauce, and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Blond BBQ Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes