Lemon Flank Steak Skewers
For easy slicing, freeze meat for 10 minutes first.
Yield: 12 to 16 appetizer servings
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 (2-pound) flank steaks, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 50 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Lemon Dipping Sauce
- Garnish: Italian parsley
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place skewers in water to cover, and let soak 10 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Thread each steak slice onto 1 skewer.
- Grill skewers, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with Lemon Dipping Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Flank Steak Skewers Recipe at a Glance