- 1 (1-pound) fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned (cut into thin strips)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make It
Cut out 4 (12- x 16-inch) pieces parchment paper, and place on a baking sheet. Blanch fennel and carrot in boiling water 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Divide fennel and carrot evenly among parchment pieces. Place 1 salmon fillet on each, then top with lemon, capers, and chives. Drizzle each with wine and olive oil; sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Fold parchment to enclose salmon; twist ends to secure.
Bake at 400° for 14 to 16 minutes or until cooked through. Salmon should be slightly translucent in center.