Simple and quick but had much better homemade Southern Lemon Bars. Great for a quick bar to take to party but wouldn't say it's the best
Lemon Drop Squares
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Kacy Carroll
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 (10-oz.) jars lemon curd
- 1. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil or parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat flour, butter, granulated sugar, oats, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until crumbly and mixture resembles wet sand. Reserve 1 1/4 cups mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 20 to 22 minutes until light golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, microwave both jars of lemon curd at the same time at HIGH 1 minute or until pourable. Spread lemon curd over hot baked crust, and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 5. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Remove foil, and cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts