Chill: 6 Hours
- 1 cup(s) lemon juice concentrate
- 1 can(s) evaporated milk
- 1 can(s) condensed milk
- 1 package(s) Goya Maria Cookies
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a bowl and whisk or use a hand mixer to stir together until bubbles cover the surface. Approximately 3-5 minutes depending on method used.
- Put a layer of Maria Cookies on the bottom of a pyrex pan (usually a circle one, but I tried using a square pan this time). Crumble and break up some cookies to fill in the bare spots on the bottom of the pan.
- Gently pour a thin layer of the lemon mixture on top of the cookies. Set another layer of cookies on top of the lemon mixture and keep going back and forth until all of the mixture and cookies are used up. (Usually 3 layers of cookies and 3 layers of lemon mixture). Make sure to end with the lemon mixture on top.
- Set in the fridge and let chill for 6-8 hours (preferably overnight). Cut into pie pieces for a round pan or into square bars for a square pan.
- *If you want to mix things up for variety, you can also add jelly or caramel or any other ingredient you desire between a layer in the middle, or drizzled it on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bethander and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note