Lemon Custard Mincemeat Pie
A layer of lemon custard brings a fresh touch to mincemeat in this holiday pie. If making up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 1 jar (29 oz.) prepared mincemeat
- 10-inch pie pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 lemon (5 oz.), rinsed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1. Spread mincemeat evenly over bottom of unbaked 10-inch pastry in pan. Set pan in a foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan or 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- 2. Grate 1 tablespoon of peel (yellow part only) from the lemon. Ream 3 tablespoons juice.
- 3. In a bowl, mix sugar and flour. Whisk in milk, butter, eggs, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Carefully pour mixture over mincemeat.
- 4. Bake in a 375° oven until custard barely jiggles when pan is gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes (35 to 45 minutes in a convection oven). If pie browns too quickly (check after 15 minutes), cover loosely with foil. Let cool on a rack, uncovered, about 2 hours. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This