Community Recipe from
- 1 -4lb Whole chicken, can use boneless
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, crushed. (I minced)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground pepper
- 10 sprig(s) Thyme ( I chopped some cuz used breasts)
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 2 teaspoon(s) Raw or light brown sugar
- Rub chicken with garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt, zest, and pepper.place in ziplock bag. Add thyme, seal bag, and chill at least 12 hours.
- Prepare grill over med heat. Remove chicken from bag and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through and instant read thermometer reads 165, 30-40 mins. Cook boneless breasts 3-4 min per side, depending on thickness. ( I pound first)
- Sprinkle cut sides of lemon w/ sugar and grill for 2 min until carmelized. Squeeze lemon over chicken.
- Chicken cam be marinated one day ahead.
- Bon Appetit Aug 2013
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NancyOBrien and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes