Easy, fat free, flavorful chicken. Use on whole or boneless chicken.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 -4lb Whole chicken, can use boneless
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, crushed. (I minced)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground pepper
- 10 sprig(s) Thyme ( I chopped some cuz used breasts)
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 2 teaspoon(s) Raw or light brown sugar
- Rub chicken with garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt, zest, and pepper.place in ziplock bag. Add thyme, seal bag, and chill at least 12 hours.
- Prepare grill over med heat. Remove chicken from bag and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through and instant read thermometer reads 165, 30-40 mins. Cook boneless breasts 3-4 min per side, depending on thickness. ( I pound first)
- Sprinkle cut sides of lemon w/ sugar and grill for 2 min until carmelized. Squeeze lemon over chicken.
- Chicken cam be marinated one day ahead.
- Bon Appetit Aug 2013
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NancyOBrien and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note