Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1. Bring sugar, zest, and juice to a boil in a heavy nonaluminum 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and gradually whisk about one-fourth hot juice mixture into egg yolks; add egg yolk mixture to remaining hot juice mixture, whisking constantly until well blended.
- 2. Place saucepan over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, at least 10 or up to 12 minutes. (Mixture will be a pudding-like thickness.)
- 3. Add butter, in 6 batches, whisking constantly until butter melts and mixture is well blended after each addition. Remove from heat, and pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming); chill 3 hours.
- Lime Curd: Substitute lime zest and lime juice for lemon zest and lemon juice. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note