Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1. Bring sugar, zest, and juice to a boil in a heavy nonaluminum 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and gradually whisk about one-fourth hot juice mixture into egg yolks; add egg yolk mixture to remaining hot juice mixture, whisking constantly until well blended.
- 2. Place saucepan over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, at least 10 or up to 12 minutes. (Mixture will be a pudding-like thickness.)
- 3. Add butter, in 6 batches, whisking constantly until butter melts and mixture is well blended after each addition. Remove from heat, and pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming); chill 3 hours.
- Lime Curd: Substitute lime zest and lime juice for lemon zest and lemon juice. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts